Sunday 22 February 2015

Home spin at Pat's February 23rd

We had the morning spinning at Pat's with the Alpaca outside keeping an eye on us. Vida made this sweet dog jersey for her little poodle who feels the cold, she is now going to make another one - I expect she needs different colours so that he can be coordinated! He will be the best dressed poodle in West Melton.
Whilst at Homebush Val and I were given the chance to spin some Romney with the longest staple I have ever seen, we later measured it at 25cm.The two skeins on the left are the greasy wool - It was shorn on Saturday, spun and plied on Sunday. The skein on the right is the same wool washed, I was expecting to have to soak it over night as it was very greasy but I washed it in shampoo and soaked it for about 10 minutes - rinsed and repeated! and it came out beautifully clean and soft.
The Romney staples! You might need to zoom in but I can assure that the ruler shows the staple over 25cm!
 
Here is Valerie spinning her greasy Romney, long draw - quite amazing! I have still got a lot to learn!
 
Jayne brought her entry for the festival which was absolutely beautiful, for those of you not at Pat's - You will have to watch this space!
 
Thanks, Pat, for a lovely morning
 


No comments:

Post a Comment